UNC Ally Visibility Week
UNC's LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer) Center and the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership have partnered to host UNC Ally Visibility Week, January 26-30.
UNC Ally Visibility Week promotes ally visibility and shows appreciation for those who actively support people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
Throughout the week UNC's LGBTQ Center will be passing out ALLY buttons for people to show their visible support for equality on campus and in the community. As an extra incentive to wear the button they are looking for support from local businesses to give discounts to individuals that are wearing the ally button during the week.
This is an easy and FREE way to give your business greater visibility and promotion while helping an important cause.
Suggestions of How to Participate:
- Offer a special discount
- Offer a free item or service
- Offer a free drink, side item, or dessert with purchase of a meal
- Offer a BOGO (buy one, get one free) deal on an item or service
- Create a special menu item for the week.
- Decorate your storefront or a display for the week.
- Offer a special coupon, for customers to come back next week too!
Benefits to Your Business:
- Your business will receive FREE advertising in hundreds of publications and educational materials distributed on campus and the community, driving more customers to you.
- Your business will be visible as an LGBTQ-affirming business to the thousands of allies on campus and the community, creating long-term relationships with customers.
- If requested, UNC's LGBTQ Center can provide a sign to put at the front of your business signifying that your business is LGBTQ-affirming.