To encourage more local shopping and dining, the Carrboro Business Alliance 1) releases a new video, called “Funky Town,” 2) announces the line-up of holiday events, called “Carrboro Cheer,” and 3) shares hundreds of dollars in Small Business Saturday #WeBuyLocal Deals and Discounts.”
CARRBORO, NC: The Carrboro Business Alliance (CBA) invites everyone to eat, play, shop, and stay in Carrboro this holiday season, starting this Saturday with Small Business Saturday. To encourage more local shopping and dining, the CBA:
- Releases a new video sizzle reel, called “Funky Town,” which targets those who live in the region and, through the voice of local business owners and managers, reminds visitors (and locals) of what makes Carrboro special.
- Announces “Carrboro Cheer,” a series of special events to make local holiday shopping and dining in Carrboro a festive and enchanting experience, starting this Saturday with Small Business Saturday.
- Shares hundreds of dollars in #WeBuyLocal deals and discounts. Deals from more than 20 local businesses are now available online and at #WeBuyLocal, and hard copies will be distributed at the CBA Small Business Saturday Kickoff Event at the Carrboro Farmers’ Market this Saturday from 9-10am. First 100 guests receive a complimentary Small Business Saturday swag bag.
“I love working in Carrboro - it's a funky town where people are encouraged to feel free,” said Bridget Pemberton-Smith, chair of the Carrboro Business Alliance and development director at the Art Therapy Institute. “Through the CBA’s new “Funky Town” video, ‘Carrboro Cheer,’ and ‘#WeBuyLocal’ deals and discounts, we hope more visitors will be drawn to downtown Carrboro for their holiday shopping, and that they will enjoy some local dining and entertainment while here.”
The New Video
“Funky Town” is the new CBA sizzle reel designed to promote more local shopping and dining in Carrboro. The video targets those who live in the region, reminds them of what makes Carrboro special, and invites them to eat, play, shop, and stay in Carrboro. The video was produced in October/November 2019 by I-40 Films, a locally-owned, award-winning, high-end film production and story-telling company.
The video features interviews with Rae Mosher, Owner, Carrburritos; Martina Brooks, Director of Sales, Hampton Inn & Suites-Carrboro; Christina Passanisi, Owner, Sophia's Boutique; Josh Moorhead, Manager, Weaver Street Market; Scott Conary, Owner, Open Eye Cafe; and Jim Wald, co-Owner, Glasshalfull.
Small Business Saturday
The Saturday after Thanksgiving (Saturday, Nov 30, 2019) is Small Business Saturday, an annual holiday shopping tradition launched by American Express. Small Business Saturday brings together communities in support of their favorite small businesses. The Carrboro Business Alliance will host a Small Business Saturday kickoff event at the Carrboro Farmers’ Market from 9-10am and give out swag bags to the first 100 guests.
The Small Business Saturday swag bags include a coupon sheet for hundreds of dollars in local deals and discounts and CBA coffee tumblers, USB drives, and stickers as well as homemade ginger cookies from Neal’s Deli, soaps from WomanCraft Gifts, $5 gift cards from CommunityWorx, notepads from NC Center for Resiliency, pencils and bookmarks from the Orange County Public Library, squishy stress relief balls from Shelton Station, and more! Those who cannot make the event but are interested in the local deals and discounts can access the coupon sheet online and at #WeBuyLocal.
"Carrboro Cheer" is a series of special events that make local holiday shopping and dining in Carrboro a festive and enchanting experience. Carrboro Cheer starts this Saturday with Small Business Saturday, includes a Craft Market, tree lighting and children’s chorus, holiday parade, and new this year – Light Up Carrboro will coincide with 2nd Friday ArtWalk and the luminary-lit streets will stretch through downtown Carrboro and Chapel Hill.
Below is the list of events, which were promoted in Chapel Hill Magazine (Nov edition, page 9).
- Saturday, Nov 30, 2019: Small Business Saturday CBA kickoff event featuring free swag bags and #WeBuyLocal deals at the Carrboro Farmers' Market from 9-10am
- Saturday, Dec 7, 2019: Elf Market at the ArtsCenter from 10:00am-4:30pm
- Friday, Dec 13, 2019: Light Up Carrboro featuring luminary-lit streets throughout Carrboro and Chapel Hill, happening in conjunction with 2nd Friday ArtWalk from 6-9pm
- Friday, Dec 13, 2019: Carrboro Children's Chorus and Tree Lighting at the Carrboro Town Hall from 6-8pm
- Saturday, Dec 14, 2019: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Holiday Parade from 10am-12pm
About the Carrboro Business Alliance: Founded in 2014 on the shared belief that "local matters," the Carrboro Business Alliance (CBA) is now 100 local businesses strong and collaborates to help Carrboro thrive. Join us! CarrboroBusinessAlliance.com | @LocalCarrboro | facebook.com/CarrboroBusinessAlliance | #WeBuyLocal
Contact: Katie Loovis, staff support for the Carrboro Business Alliance and vice president for external affairs, Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce, cell: 919-696-0781, office: 919-967-7075, or KLoovis@carolinachamber.org.